The Croatia Green Building Council is organizing a licensed LEED v4 Building Design and Construction (BD+C) Rating System, to be delivered in Zagreb May 10, 2017, by an authorized USGBC Education Partner.
LEED v4 Building Design and Construction (BD+C) Rating System
WHEN? May 10th 2017
WHERE? Croatian Engineering Association, Berislavićeva 6, Zagreb, Croatia
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is an internationally recognized green building certification system, providing third-party verification that a building or community was designed and built using strategies aimed at improving performance across all the metrics that matter most: energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
Join Croatia Green Building Council for an intensive one-day workshop that will provide an indepth analysis of the new LEED v4 Building Design and Construction (BD+C) Rating System, with a focus on New Construction.
LEED is flexible enough to apply to all building types – commercial as well as residential. It works throughout the building lifecycle – design and construction, operations and maintenance, tenant fit out, and significant retrofit. The first course offering on the topic will focus on the most versatile LEED rating system family – Building Design and Construction – which covers new construction of a variety of building types.
1. Gain a detailed understanding of the LEED rating system for a variety of new construction projects
2. Identify LEED in relationship to the project management structure that is common to the vast majority of projects and how an integrative aproach to design and construction re-orients conventional ways that team members work together
3. Identify the intent, requirements, and strategies for success with LEED v4 credits in the Building Design and Construction rating systems
4. Identify strategies between credits both within and between credit categories
5. Plan for key considerations and requirements for LEED documentation
6. Understand the LEED certification process, steps, and fees
7. Understand the professional credential structure and requirements for becoming a LEED Green Associate and a LEED Accredited Professional
WHAT TO EXPECT?
• Full day course
• Licensed instructor from a USGBC Education Partner company
• Delivery Partner with extensive practical expertise in LEED projects
• Learning materials, presentation and preparatory steps for LEED GA exam
• Certificate of completion for the course which counts as learning units toward professional credential
• Interactive breakout sessions
• Attendees may be eligible to earn 8 GBCI CE Hours.*
• Lunch and coffee
The course will cover practical aspects of working on a LEED project, including the process of certification, fees, costs, consultancy requirements and best practices. Delivered by an Instructor with extensive experience in international projects, practical examples from real international projects will be shared.
Vessela Valtcheva-McGee has extensive experience with sustainability in both practice and education. Serving as a founder and President of a chapter of the US Green Building Council in the United States, and holding a LEED credential for over 10 years, Vessela has had the opportunity to work closely with the US Green Building Council on various initiatives. In her capacity as a green building consultant she has worked on numerous green building certification projects of national and international significance and has managed the certification of building projects in most major rating systems in the US, Europe and Asia
Izvor: gbccroatia.org, 6.4.2017.